Blog Update!
For those of you not following me on Facebook, as of the Summer of 2019 I've moved to Central WA, to a tiny mountain town of less than 1,000 people.

I will be covering my exploits here in the Cascades, as I try to further reduce my impact on the environment. With the same attitude, just at a higher altitude!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Weedin' weedy weeds

Weeds. Didn't I just get rid of y'all last fall? You snuck back in when I wasn't looking, didn't you?

I'll be ripping these bastards out of that bed soon. I'm undecided about the Arborvitae. I'm tempted to take them out as well and try transplanting them elsewhere, perhaps containers for the deck or something. Either way, I've got some work to do before I plant blueberry bushes in there but I think it will be a while before they compete with the Arborvitae. Well, I actually don't know how fast blueberry plants grow so we'll see.

Another thing I'm thinking about for that bed is growing sugar pie pumpkins there since I can use the extremely attractive fence behind it as a trellis that would sure as hell hold the weight of the pumpkins. Not that they're big or anything.

My big concern with that bed is that I think the wood is pressure treated and I don't know how safe the soil is. I'll add some amendments but I don't want to poison us all. Oh well, I'll let you know what I end up doing with the space.

No comments: